What is the meaning / definition of Amadeus in the hospitality industry?
It refers to the reservation tool travel agents use when making an air, hotel, car or other travel service booking.
Amadeus is the leading GDS for the travel industry.
The benefits of GDS for the hotels are:
- Worldwide exposure of the hotel.
- B2B and B2C distribution.
- GDS distribution is the entry door to corporate bookers.
- Targeting all Travel Agencies independently of the GDS (distribution platform they may use).
- 24/7 travel agent access to your inventory.
- 24/7 travel agent access to your full descriptive and multimedia content.
Amadeus serves not only travel agents but also many different companies including airlines, ground handlers, hotels, railways, car rental companies, airports, cruise lines and ferry operators.
The company behind it is Amadeus IT Group with headquarters in Madrid, Spain.