What is the meaning / definition of Luxury Hotel in the hospitality industry?
A Luxury Hotel is considered a hotel which provides a luxurious accommodation experience to the guest. There are no set standards (such as stars) for luxury hotels. Often 4 or 5 star hotels describe themselves as ‘luxury’.
Here is a selection of characteristics a luxury hotel should feature:
- Allow an easy, simple and intelligent planning and booking process
- Fast, easy, discreet Checkin & Checkout
- The room offered is exact what a guest wanted (in terms of category, classification, physical location in the hotel, bed size…)
- Amazing service: Guests should get the feeling that they are known and valued. Your staff should know them by name, be friendly (smiling!) and respectful. Housekeeping and gardeners should be quiet and not interfere with a guest’s enjoyment of the property, maintenance personnel should appear at guests room within minutes etc.
- Outstanding hotel dining: great breakfast (quality and quantity wise), Michelin-starred restaurants, 24 hours room service
- Guest activities and amenities: High-end spa treatments, pool, 24-hour fitness center, laundry service, unpacking and packing service, babysitting, petsitting, dog-walking, personal trainer referrals, a concierge who knows more than Google…
- Uber exclusive designer interiors, haute couture styling with fabulous artsy features and a state-of-the-art technology
- Luxury room features: High-quality furnishings with opulent, expensive touches, attention to aesthetic detail, a quiet room with fresh air, original art on the walls, windows that open, robes and slippers, adequate storage, hangers, desk, reading chair, safe, good-size flat-screen TV, iPhone/iPod dock, coffee maker, full-length mirror, effective heating/AC system…And of course a King bed with a good mattress, high-quality sheets and a variety of pillow types (or a pillow menu)!
- Luxury bathrooms: Tub for two, his-and-hers sinks, sufficient counter space, good water pressure, prestige or artisan toiletries, plenty of fluffy, high-quality towels, makeup mirror that lights, enough racks or hooks, bidet (or a TOTO-toilet), ventilation…
- Independent Hotel
- Lifestyle Hotel
- Boutique Hotel
- Luxury Hotel